Sunday, July 5, 2009

BLOG ABOUT PRAGUE

Since Prague is one of the only major European cities that I haven’t visited in the sixteen years I’ve lived in Germany, I looked forward to this weekend with great expectations. (Unfortunately I didn’t have time to prepare as I would have liked too – reading up on the city and deciding what sites I wanted to see.) The reason for me being in Prague would explain why I was pushed for time, as well as the fact that this weekend was just two weeks before leaving to the states for the summer.

I have worked as a secretary for my father-in-law for the last 5 years. Part of his assignment has been to oversee the seminary and institute programs in the Czech Republic, so consequently I have had contact with people in this country for just as long. It was never necessary or convenient for me to be there personally to meet the people I had contact with, as I had met most of them at different times in Germany. Due to some internal restructuring, Michael is no longer overseeing the Czech Republic, and so I will no longer have any contact there either. We arranged a final meeting in Prague to meet with the main people over there and kind of turn over the keys. It was kind of sad to say good-bye, even though new tasks await, but all of it provided me the opportunity to see one of the great cities of the world. So enjoy a few pictures. The rest are on my photo site.





4 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

hey, those pictures look a lot like the ones we took in Prague, and with that I mean eerily identical...

Darilyn said...

Seeing this makes me cry. And it doesn't have anything to do with Prague. I can't wait to see you. Only a few more days and I can give you a hug!

Robyn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Katydid said...

I have always wanted to see that city. You are so lucky!