Monday, May 4, 2009

BAPTISM DAY FOR NIKLAS

I have missed a lot of blogable things of late. (I truly apologize for that, stay with me through the next couple of months, I promise to do better.) But of all the things I have missed, I vowed to finish this one. One reason is because our first son was baptized on April 26th. He has chosen to enter into this sacred covenant with his savior Jesus Christ and follow his example. I could not be happier than to see my children make this kind of a decision in their lives. The second reason is so he can see how much we love him and how important he is to us in our family. Here are just a couple of pics of the day:

The proud parents with Niklas


Baptizer and baptizee

Some of the people who helped make the day special: Michael gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost, Steffen spoke about the Holy Ghost and Marielle led the music and prayed.

Meike came all the way from Switzerland to give a talk about baptism.

Martin was cool as usual and helped set up everything for the cake buffet.

Karin added moral support when needed.

The missionaries provided the interval music while Niklas changed.

Here's a pic of the gang - all his friends who came to see him be baptized.

7 comments:

Serenity Rachel said...

Congratulations Niklas! Salem is excited for his baptism in a few months.

Henry said...

Awww, such nice pictures. I'm sad we missed this special day(like we miss most special days), but hey, at least I called. Whewwww.
I'm glad you finally updated your blog. It was about time and I'm waiting for more stuff to come. :)

Gusti said...

Quinn-
Did you hijack my haircolor? It looks great. Excellent job on the pictures, Niklas will love these when he's older. You should remember them and do a part 2 for his mission farewell in a few years. Immitating the originals of course. Give Niklas a big hug and kiss from Auntie Gusti and tell him I am so proud of his decision!

Darilyn said...

What a great day. He is just the cutest kid. Hurray for Niklas for making such an amazing decision to be baptized.

Terri said...

Quinn,
These are really nice pictures! Thank you for getting them in here for your family to see. I know that with all you have going on that was no small task! Tell Niklas we love him & are so glad for his decision! (And can't wait to see him, & all of you!)
Love you, Mom & Rex

Swidel said...

Sooo schöne Bilder- schade, dass ich nicht dabei war!!!
Liebe Grüße an alle!
Dieses Wochenende muß ich ein paar Nähwerke fertig machen, die mir unter den Nägeln brennen... Ich arbeite an meiner neuen Homepage und einem Dawanda-Shop, um mal ein bischen Geld zu verdienen?!?
Wir haben zur Zeit kein Auto, ich komme hier nicht weg. Unser Treffen muß bis nach den Ferien warten... Aber dann klappt es bestimmt! Vielleicht sollten wir JETZT ein Datum festlegen!

PSYCHMOM said...

Quinn-
Hi, it's T(Alie) just checking in. Can you give me your email address, mine is natknowlton(at)hotmail(dot)com.
-thanks!