Tuesday, September 23, 2008

JEFFREY'S SIXTH BIRTHDAY




WOW! What a day that was. Jeffrey asked me in the morning to show me his baby book. I sat and cried while I read him just a few of the cards and notes that were sent when he was born. He was really worried and gave me a big hug and said I didn't need to be sad. I told him he was just so sick when he was a baby and he said, yeah, but I'm big now and I'm not sick anymore. And he's not, I almost can't remember the last time I was in the hospital with him and to look at him you would never know he only has a half a heart.

Every birthday celebrated with him is an extra special milestone. Jeffrey loves life and brings joy to all who are around him. He had a lot of friends that I let him invite for his party and they all had a great time at our "Jeffs Olympics". We had about 8 different competitions and divided everyone into two teams. In the end we had gold and silver medals for the winners and pizza and cake of course. For ALL the pictures check out my foto site. (link on right - imageevent/bqschulze) Here are my favorites of him with his cake, blowing out the candles and then his favorite present. Jeffrey, as many know, is a soccer freak! (Isn't it IRONIC) We got him a membership to our Hannover's professional soccer team (Hannover '96), so he can go to the games and get fan merchandise and stuff. He was SO happy! The Nintendo came in a close second though.

I thought I would add something about the crown... he wore it most of the day. They make them for each birthday kid at his "Kindergarten".

5 comments:

Serenity Rachel said...

Tell Jeffrey Happy Birthday from the Kimball Kousins! We love and miss you guys! I can't believe its been almost a year already since we were there!

Franziska Patterson said...

awwww...I wish I could be there for his birthdays. Did anyone tell you that we called him for his B-day? Tori answered, and then handed the phone to Jeffrey. However, after about 2 sentences I guess he was done, and then I just hearing noise and no one responded to me, so eventually I hung up. so funny. I'm glad he had a great day, and I'm so glad he's in our family!

Darilyn said...

What a fun birthday. You are a great mom, Quinn. He is an adorable kid.

Gusti said...

Woah- flashback.... I mean flash food actually, I can't even think about that time period without getting a big lump in my throat and the tears spilled over today. He is sooo amazing and I love him to pieces!!! Please give him a super big squeeze from Auntie Gusti.

Terri said...

Good Job Quinn! Hope you still check e-mail from time to time.
Love you, Mom