Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WII ARE GETTING FIT THIS YEAR!

I know, it was funny the first time, but not as funny this time... I had to say it again though, I just couldn't resist. My kids love the WII Fit board and are always battling over who gets to excercise. They try to out hula or out ski or out race the others and it is fun. I love that they actually enjoy the idea of excercising.



Since Tyler is always around, he is probably the best observer. Here he is carefully watching Tori.



But just always watching is not really any fun. He wants to be part of the action. "I too, I too" he begs and steps on the board... of course throwing the weight way off and frustrating Tori in the process. How can she beat my scores when Tyler is on the board too.


And here I have caught him making another attempt to get on the board. "Ah, ah, ah Tyler," I say and he looks at me again to make sure I'm not looking before he puts his hand down where he knows he's not supposed to.

11 comments:

Meike said...

ahhh.. he is just the cutest little Tyler ever!!! :)

Serenity Rachel said...

I was thinking the same thing...he just gets cuter the older he gets.

Franziska Patterson said...

haha, he IS so cute. I love the picture of him standing on the board with Tori, arms kind of out as well, trying to do what she is doing. I can't wait to see him again in a few weeks.

Renee (and Eric) said...

I NEVER thought that I would find myself interested in electronic games--told my husband that he would have to forget getting to play any video games. Then along came the Wii. It's awesome. What a concept. Love that it can do so much more than shoot at aliens and that it incorporates movement. The kids are sooo cute and Tori looks like she has some great form going on there.

Darilyn said...

What a little mischievous cutie. I can just imagine the thoughts in his head as he reached for the board.

Gusti said...

Quinn,
I totally love the "idea" of exercise, too! In fact I am so taken with the "idea" that I don't even feel the need to actually exercise.... I can waste hours just thinking about it!

Quinn said...

Yeah!! I got comments again, and this blog was not really spectacular. And Gusti - congrats on picking up on the subteltry of "the idea of excercising". I am still not totally convinced that the WII Fit is a "real" workout, but I think we are all enjoying the "video game" competitiveness (I agree Rene)whilst learning some very important things like balance and control of our bodies! For the kids, this can actually replace hours of therapy, teaching them the same things. Anyone ever heard of Ergo-therapy? Don't know what that is in English, but it's big here for kids who lack coordination and have trouble judging the space around themselves.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Ha- Ha- I have seen tons of those lately. Tyler has the best little mischievous face.

Renee (and Eric) said...

I just have to say you can never go wrong when you show up in your footed pajamas. It's always the best look ever for the under four crowd. Does that guy just have you wrapped around every cute finger? I've got one or three of those...they've worn me down to the point that they end up like puppy dogs curled around my feet and back at night in my bed. I never thought that was going to be my style, but when they look at you like that and say, "Snuggle me, Mama..."

Terri said...

I love Tori's expression, "one familiar to this family" that look of concentration, with irritation/some frustration.
(while Tyler sneaks his hand back on the board) Too cute!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! tyler is getting so dang big! it hasn't been THAT long since i've seen him...has it? he's adorable! give him a big hug and kiss for me! and everyone else too! i miss you guys! i love you auntie quinn! can't wait to see you this summer!