Sunday, December 7, 2008

7 WIERD / CRAZY / FUNNY THINGS

I know I have kept many of you in suspense for some time now. My apologies and the worst part of it is, that this post will probably not be awe inspiring or anything much better than mediocre and I am sorry to have built up such expectations only to let you down even harder. But here goes anyway...

1) In keeping with the season, I only like red and gold ornaments on my tree! No exceptions, I won't even put up kids art unless it is red or gold. I choose the angel for the top of my tree, as the family I grew up in did so too. I do not see the "new star" being more significant in the Christmas story than the angel heralding the birth. Therefore, to each his own. I won't think less of you for having a star just because I don't. And I still believe in Santa Claus.

2) I openly admit to liking country music and that I used to even teach line dancing. Someday I will start something like that here and see how it catches on.

3) 1 in 10,000 babies born are born with the Mercedes of all heart diseases - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrom or HLHS for short. It's like winning the lottery or something - and I got lucky! On September 19, 2002 Jeffrey was born and on his 4th day of life was diagnosed with HLHS and almost pronounced dead as well, because it was found so late.

4) I love to organize and be organized! I have tips for anyone and everyone on how to organize and save time and money better. When I see a mess I visualize the best solution on how to sort, alphabetize or just plain clean up, as well as what kind of container, shelf or whatever will aid in this task. It makes me absurdly happy knowing I have gotten rid of clutter somewhere.

5) My husband and I share an uncommon (I think) love for PIZZA. We eat Pizza at least once a week at our house, but we COULD eat it every day. I think a large portion of our attraction for each other lies in this shared pleasure.

6) This summer I had corn rows put in the top front of my hair. It was peer pressure and I caved. My neice Kali was here and she was with us in Italy and she really wanted to have it done, but wanted me to go first, so being the cool aunt that I am, I did it too. I would have to say it was the coolest summer "do", but hurt sooo bad to have done, that I don't think I could ever do it again.

7) When I was 4 months pregnant with Tori, Benjamin and I were chosen from 6,000 couples to be on a TV game show to win a house. To make a long story short, we didn't get the house, but we won 15,000 DM and a coconut door mat. It was really a "crazy" experienc.

5 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

hahaha...I remember you being on Traumhaus, and being all nervously excited. The hostess asked you how far along you were with your pregnancy. In your excitement you said 13 months instead of weeks. Everyone laughed, and you corrected yourself.

I enjoyed reading your 7 things. Pizza is the best, and I think Benni and Tobi should open a pizza place together when they are old. I think they could make some good money with that.

Gusti said...

Oh heavens finally! I can quit worring about how you might embarass yourself with this post. Just KIDDING!! It's just nice to see an update from you. Love you sis!

Darilyn said...

I think this is your best post yet. Hilarious. I don't know if you meant it to be. I mean Jeffrey's heart problem isn't exactly funny stuff. But overall I was cracking up while reading all of this. I love the explanation of the angel and the star. I'm a star person myself. Isn't funny how most people seem to have strong feelings on this? Hmmmmm, i'm seeing a post on my blog coming from this. You are inspiring me.

Patience said...

This was great! I still believe in Santa too. And would you stop by my house sometime and do your organizing magic. It's only a 15 hour trip right?

Terri said...

Quinn,
I enjoyed all of this!
Love you, Mom