Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BEFORE...



No this is not another blogger game and no that isn't Tyler, it's Jeffrey. This is a picture of what I could get of our bathroom (because it is so small) almost 4 years ago shortly after we moved in. Please notice the fine porcelain shower basin and sink that match the salmon color wall tiles. All of the finest products and workmanship - of it's time... about 20 years ago.

Two weeks before I flew to America our toilet broke. Besides that, although you can't see it in the picture, the ceiling of the bathroom after 4 years of intensive showering is moldy, the tiles on the floor were loose and broken, the shower doors were ready to fall out, the sink was ready to come off the wall and the landlord finally had pitty and said they would re-do the whole bathroom. YIPPEE

EXCEPT... it is our only BATHroom. We now have not had a shower since Friday and I am tired of running up the stairs to pee on the kids toilet. I have a construcion zone in my hallway that everyone walks through to get to any part of the house and various bags of powder and electric tools that are potential accidents waiting to happen with a 2 year old around. Needless to say I am about bonkers! This post will be continued...

5 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

hey, crummy as the situation is, at least you get quality. We've lived in our apartment for what, 18 months or so?, and the bathrooms are super moldy, and things are on the verge of falling off half of the time. And the whole apartment is only 5-6 years old or so...

The bathroom will be done one day, and then it'll last another 10-20 years. :)

Serenity Rachel said...

I pity you living in a construction zone. I can certainly relate--My WHOLE house is one, not just the bathroom, but no one else is doing the work for us...or paying for it! Count your blessings, girl! Definitely make sure and post some pictures when its finished.

Ally said...

I think you were bonkers before the construction started!!

Terri said...

Well not having a shower till it's done is the "pits" at best!
Love you, Mom

Henry said...

I wish I were keeping up with this. I like that you said "pee on" instead of "pee in". Not that I should be imagining this. But I think of the toilet getting very wet. :)

Henry