Tuesday, December 23, 2008

AFTER...


I wouldn't want any of you to think I am still not showering, so I thought I better get this two part post finished.

We are back in business after just 6 short days. It was supposed to be done over the weekend, but all in all I guess I can't complain that it didn't take longer. (Oh wait, yes I can complain just a bit, because I was in America for 3 1/2 weeks and the house was basically empty. If you ask me, it REALLY should have been taken care of then and I wouldn't have had all this hassle the week before Christmas. (Dust everywhere, all the tools and construction things blocking my hallway for a week, everything that was in the bathroom temporarily in my bedroom etc.) I hope I can get over this, because it irritates me everytime I think about it. Maybe blogging about it, will help me get past it. lol.

Our bathroom is not yet completely finished (minor details), but as you can see from the photo, it is at least functional. Although we probably have a few centimeters less of actual floor space due to the addition of the tub, the room itself feels much bigger because the big shower walls are no longer there and that really opens this tiny room up. The whiter/lighter color of course makes it feel bigger too.

The kids have been in heaven taking baths as often as I will let them. Jeffrey of course now has a middle ear infection from it. (Any time he gets in the water he has one. He has holes in both of his ears from the tubes coming out.) So, needless to say, he will not be bathing again without his ear plugs. So, tell me, what do you think? I'd say it's a definite improvement over what it was, wouldn't you.

5 comments:

Darilyn said...

Part one must have come out when I was on my trip to Krista's graduation. But I think whatever it is that you did looks great because this picture looks great.

Deborah said...

wow wow WOW!!!!


big improvement! and the addition of the tub was well worth it. it does weem mush bigger

Franziska Patterson said...

nice, you got a tub now. Definitely looks better.

Meike said...

looks very nice. Glad I can see it live in only a couple hours :) And I can't believe that benny did it in between all his other things...

Jen and Shane said...

Nice looking bathroom! Great job! We are wishing you merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I've linked your blog to ours, now! xo Jen