Sunday, December 21, 2008

HAPPY 12th ANNIVERSARY

I thought I would add a song to this post that fits well to Benny and I, but after MUCH time of trying to figure out how, I will just post the lyrics for now... (I won't give up on the song.)

by Shania Twain:
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
[ Shania Twain Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong


After 12 years, Benny is still the one! He is incredible. He loves us so much, he works so hard to take care of us, he is smart, he never complains, he loves our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, he is creative at finding ways to make an extra dime, he is talented and capable of fixing things, I could go on and on.

In remembrance of our wedding day I add this picture - Darilyn requested to see it and it fits to this post.

People in picture: LtoR, Elder and Sister Gene R. Cook; Benjamin and Quinn; Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf and Sister Harriet Uchtdorf; Elder Neil L. Anderson and Sister Kathy Anderson

Added to on Dec. 30th...
I had someone ask why the "Brethren" were at my reception - here was the answer I sent her: Love to tell you the short version story of how I had so many of the "Brethren" at my reception. The picture is actually missing four others - the temple president for the Frankfurt Temple - he and his wife were there too. I lived just 10 minutes from the Frankfurt Temple at that time and the ward house is on the temple grounds. I worked for the Western Europe Area Presidency in Germany in 1996. Since I was young, I babysat a lot too for the Brethren while they were traveling missions etc. So, being so far from home for all of us, (except Elder Uchtdorf) when I got married, they all came. They were kind of like my side of the family for me, since only my mom and sister made it over. Elder Bruce D. Porter and his wife Susan are missing too. (He was serving in the Eastern Europe Area Presidency) Working for these incredible men and meeting their families as well, was a choice experience that I will always treasure.

6 comments:

Gusti said...

Hey Sis-
Did you get my text? I totally thought of you guys all day. It helps that I shot a wedding tonight also. BTW nice picture, I wonder who took it? OK so maybe I have improved a little over the last 12 years? I'm kinda wishing I had MY picture taken with these guys. Congrats! December 20th, the first day of winter.... hence "the longest night of the year" :-}

Darilyn said...

I love that picture. You and Benjamin look so great. You especially are BEAUTIFUL. How cool to have a picture with three general authorities. Happy Anniversary to the two of you. You are blessed to have each other.

Franziska Patterson said...

ha, I just had to laugh when I read what Gusti wrote about the 20th Dec. being the longest night of the year. Perfect for a wedding night, isn't it? Anyway, I was thinking of you guys as well yesterday, and if we wouldn't have been in a crazy rush, and traveling all day, I would have added another email to wish you a happy anniversary. I think the song is very fitting indeed. I'm glad to see you guys having conquered some rough times and instead still being together and being a fun, loving family. I love you guys, and am excited to see you soon!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Ahhhh, that is sooo sweet! And since I have to live vicariously through other people, thanks!

Terri said...

Happy Anniversary! Did you remember that your gift & card went home in Tori's luggage? Or maybe it was Kali's? Any way good to see this picture & know that your happy.
Love you, Mom

Ally said...

Holy crap you guys look young in this picture!! I guess that's what 12 years and 4 kids will do to ya!!!